Friday, September 5, 2025

9/5/25


🍎Even though we are only two weeks in, I wanted to put teacher evaluations on your radar.  When I shared the TPS Bitmoji back on 8/15, the teacher/evaluator assignments for evaluations were posted there too. In case you hadn't seen it, check it out!   John and I are working on our goals and will share those with you soon.I will also be sharing the district strategic plan which we should all be using as an inspiration for our goal setting this year. 

📆Also included on the TPS Bitmoji are the term dates! I will be working on adding them to our school calendar. 

💻Carrie Califano shared this link with me!  This would be a great thing to share with families in your next newsletter. I will be sharing it today in my blog, but it doesn't hurt to share it multiple times. 

🗪This week a letter was sent home to the families of students receiving Speech and Language and PT services. This letter shared that we currently do not have service providers in place.  If you are receiving any questions about these services, please direct them to both John and I. Please note that Marci Driscoll will be out (time TBD) due to an injury.  Get well soon Marci! 

🥘I realize the buses have been inconsistent with their arrival times these last two weeks.  Even if the buses arrive late, we are offering breakfast to all students. They will need to have the option to eat in their classrooms if this is the case.  Please allow your students to do so. 

🕤I wanted to set some expectations for allowing students in classrooms before 8:15. If any student arrives at school prior to 8:15, we need to send them to either the cafe or the library (starting at 8:05).  If you are a parent of a student here at TPS I would ask that you either have your students remain in your classroom or send them to the cafe or the library.  I worry about students being in rooms where there aren't adults, while at the same time worrying that teachers are "on duty" outside of their contractual times.  We do have a lot of families that drop off at 8:05, and I want to make sure the expectation is consistent in fairness to everyone! 

😏So far Destiny is our only PBIS Committee volunteer.  Would anyone else like to join us?  As I shared at our opening day, this is a focus we really need to get back on track.  I'm not sure if you've seen that the Warrior of the Month spreadsheet has been linked to the TPS Bitmoji too.  Due dates for submissions are listed there! 

🕮At PLT this week, the admin team discussed the book lists.  We will be linking ours to the site where parents can access the lists.  There was clarification about timeliness of adding titles.  Please enter any titles you are reading aloud in class at least one week ahead of time.   The document is live and can be edited (by you) at any time! As we progress through the year, keep this document in mind.  I might suggest even using your common planning time every few cycles to update it. We are still waiting on clarifcation and guidance about articles - so stay tuned! 

➤Wednesday is our first staff meeting. We will be reviewing Panorama and MTSS! I will be out for Ben's rescheduled surgery on 9/11.  Fingers crossed it isn't canceled... again. 

❓Roger is not feeling well and will likely not be in again next week. Cheryl will be staying on (thank you soooo much Cheryl!).  I don't want to overwhelm him with emails, so please hold off on requests if possible, or reach out to Cheryl, John or I to see if we can help you. Get well soon Roger!

Bren Bataclan will be back the week of 9/15! He will also be doing a presentation on Open House! Stay tuned for details. 

This was a lot of info to digest, so I will wrap it up here.  

Have a great weekend! 

Looking Ahead: 

  • Monday (9/8) - B Day
  • Tuesday (9/9)  - C Day
  • Wednesday (9/10) - D Day
    • Staff Meeting
  • Thursday (9/11) - E Day
  • Friday (9/12) - F Day 
Mark your calendars (details to come):
  • 9/18 Open House!
  • 10/29 Evening Parent/Teacher Conferences
  • 10/30 Afternoon Parent/Teacher Conferences

No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...