Friday, August 15, 2025

8/15/25

                                                     

😎 I hope you all have been enjoying your summer!  I waited as long as humanly possible to reach out and disturb your relaxation and enjoyment of this sunny summer!  I have been enjoying the "off duty" sunglasses photos that some of you have been sharing!  Please continue to share the fun you've been having (even if you are wearing a cooler pair of sunglasses)!

📣I'd like to give a huge shout out of thanks to Matt, Jeff and James who have made our building look amazing!  It sure was a hot summer - which made this effort an even more challenging one!  It really looks awesome. Your hardwork is truly appreciated - thank you!

⭐It has been a busy summer of hiring, but I am excited to introduce the newest members of our TPS Staff!  I still have a few positions to fill, so stay tuned. As you may have heard, Danielle Shaveet has left TPS to join the curriculum team at Central Office! I know I speak for all of us when I say TPS will not be the same without her. However, I know she will be an amazing addition to their team!  In addition to Danielle taking on a new role, Christina Kristoff will now be the MTSS Interventionist for TPS and Naquag. I'm excited to see the impact Christina's intervention will have on our first and second graders! Lastly, Jessica Fisk will be moving to kindergarten to fill Pat Baird's position, however she will be in Elaine's class!  Lots of changes!

Annnnnd now, let me introduce you to....

Welcome to John Okie, our new Assistant Principal! John joins us with years of admin experience, most recently in Cambridge!


Welcome to Nicole Walker, our new Middle School Science Teacher!  Nicole has been both a STEAM and Science teacher, most recently in the Quaboag district!

Welcome to Amanda Nichols, our new .4 special education teacher! Amanda will be working primarily with 6th grade and one classroom in 1st grade. Amanda has extensive special ed experience, most recently in Gardner. 

Welcome to Robin Awad, our new third grade teacher!  Robin's recent teaching experience was in Charlton as a LTS for both special ed and third grade, as well as previously in Southbridge as a third grade teacher. 

Welcome to Jillian Nowd, our STEAM teacher! Jillian comes to us from Sterling, where she worked with special education students and developed a love for hands-on learning. 

I know you will all join me in welcoming them to TPS! Stay tuned for some other new faces as I move through the remainder of my hiring list. 

😲We still need an Extended Day Coordinator. Is anyone interested? Do you have a slight interest, but want to know more?  Do you know anyone who is interested? Please reach out!

💻 Here is the link to the 2025-2026 TPS Bitmoji Site.  There are still some links that need updating, but you can find the most up to date class lists, schedules, etc. there.  As you know, teacher assignments do not go "live" until 8/19. Please keep this information confidential until then.  Also, be sure to keep checking back as we still have new students enrolling/unenrolling!

🖍 Your math workbooks were counted, sorted and delivered (thanks John for helping me!).   HMH stuff has yet to be delivered to TPS, but should be arriving any day.  Matt has asked that you please break down your own boxes once you have unpacked them. Please note the library is full of school supplies for students, which we will be counting and sorting next week. Roger will be communicating his plan to distribute these items, so for now, please ignore their presence if you happen to be passing through the library.

✋I will send along an update at the end of next week with our plans for August 25th. Until then, enjoy every single second of what time remains. I'll look forward to seeing you all then!  


Looking Ahead: 

  • Wednesday (8/20) 
    • New Teacher Training Day #1 
    • Threat Assessment Team Training
    • Popsicles on the Playground 3:30-5:30
  • Thursday (8/21) New Teacher Training Day #2
  • Friday (8/22) New Teacher Training Day #3
  • Monday (8/25) Back to School for Teachers  (details coming)
  • Tuesday (8/26) First Day of School!
    • A Day
    • Kindergarten Orientation 9:30-10:15
  • Wednesday (8/27) Kindergarten's First Day of School!
    • B Day
  • Thursday (8/28) C Day
  • Friday (8/29)  NO SCHOOL - PD Day





No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...