Friday, June 5, 2026

6/5/26



🎶Thank you to Brenda for organizing two adorable performances!  I'm sad my days of practicing "Sky Full of Stars" with k-2 are over, but man did I enjoy listening to everyone sing and play! Bravo Brenda!

💭As part of my TPS Vision/Goals (I couldn't call it an entry plan b/c I was already here lol), I'd like to get feedback from all of you on the glows and grows of this year. Specifically, I'd like to focus on collaboration - so plan on giving me feedback on that too! I wanted to provide different ways of obtaining this feedback, so I will let you decide whether or not you'd like to meet to chat or if you'd prefer to fill out a form. You could even do both if you wanted lol.  Here is the link to sign up for a time to meet.  Here is the link to the form.  Thank you!

👉I wanted to give you a heads up on a few staffing situations. Last Friday Jim mentioned that during the budget process, I worked to add more positions to our school. You'll see that we will be hiring a 1.0 special ed teacher (increasing the current .4 position)!  The other exciting news is that Christina Kristoff will be here at TPS fulltime as our MTSS Interventionist!  You may have also seen that posted this week was Nicole's position as middle school science. Due to staff changes and additions, there will be some room switching happening. I plan to talk to those impacted directly at the start of next week. 

Finally, CONGRATULATIONS to Arlene who will be retiring at the end of the year after 19 years at TPS.  It will not be the same without you Arlene, but we know you will enjoy your retirement baking bread, spending time with your son, sisters, family and friends, and maybe even spending more time in Florida! I'm already jealous of your tan.


🌞Field Day Update! 
HERE is the schedule for the day.  The PTA will be providing popsicles which you can grab for your class throughout the day in the cafe freezer. One pop per student please!  We are going to end the day on the basketball court with an all school assembly... Party Pantaloons!  If you are interested in participating, please sign up on this doc.  You could be wearing the Party Pantaloons or being a participant in the competition! It's low-key, I promise. The goal will be to be the first team to get the 10 beach balls in the Party Pantaloons. The top teams will move on to the finals.  Easy, funny, fun.  I'll be leaving raffle tickets in your mailboxes - and we'll keep the names from the last all school assembly idea (which was a flop if you forgot). Please make sure to let families know that a white t-shirt is needed for Friday. 

👂At the end of the year, please turn in your headphones to Roger. We'll redistribute them at the start of the year and order new ones if we need to!

📆We have a staff meeting on Wednesday - our last of the year! If you want to bring a snack to share, please do!  Snacks make everything better.  Our plan for this meeting will be to wrap-up placement talks, plan for move up day (on the last day of school), and share my vision/goals for next year. I promise not to be long-winded and boring, but I wanted to share my thoughts with all of you (though a lot of you heard snippets of it during my round 2 interview).  We may even have time for a game!

Have a great weekend!

Looking Ahead:

  • Monday (6/8) - B Day
    • Tie Dye Spirit Day 
    • Track End of Season Celebration  @ 3:00-4:30
    • ILT @ 3:00
  • Tuesday (6/9) - C Day
    • World Cup Day 
    • k-2 Butterfly Place Visit
  • Wednesday (6/10) - D Day
    • Party in the USA Day
    • Kindergarten Celebration @ 12:00-1:30
    • 4th Grade State Fair Museum @ 12:30-2:00
    • 8th Grade Civics Fair @ 2:00-2:45
    • Strings Concert @ Mt. View @ 5:30
    • Staff Meeting
  • Thursday (6/11) - E Day
    • Tacky Tourist Day
    • STEAM Night @ 5:00-7:00
  • Friday (6/12) - F Day
    • Class Color Day
    • Field Day
  • Monday (6/15) - KINDERGARTEN'S LAST DAY



No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...