We made it! One more wake up!
🥰I'd like to take a moment to say thank you. When I took on this role in March, I was excited at the opportunity, but perhaps a bit unsure how things would go as stepping into a role mid-year is never an easy feat. I have truly enjoyed these last 15 weeks and working with each and every one of you in a new and different capacity. I am SO excited about next year and the opportunity to see through some of the initiatives we have discussed, planned, worked on and hoped for! At the risk of sounding cheesy (or maybe a bit corny), I am so grateful to be a member of this team. Just over the course of these last few months, I have seen you support one another when colleague's world was crashing down around them, I have heard you champion and advocate for your teammates, I have witnessed you facing challenges while maintaining a positive and determined attitude, I have seen you put one foot in front of the other on the days where you were exhausted and needed a break, I have appreciated your honesty, feedback, and ideas/solutions for what is best for kids. I look forward to continuing to build our community next year and thank you for all of your support.
😢Eileen, it has been a true pleasure welcoming you to TPS. I can't even talk about the fact that our last day working together will be on Monday! Just know in your short time here, we have all truly loved working with you. The students adore you and you bring a positive energy that is unmatched. Please promise that you will visit? We are all going to miss you!
🎊We will celebrate on Monday at our luncheon, but I want to wish Pat Baird a very HAPPY RETIREMENT! I hope it is all you have dreamed about and more. We will miss you around here!
⏰Move up day reminder: We decided to do move-up day at 8:45-9:00 on Monday.
👋If you don't have a duty at Monday's dismissal, join the folks in the bus lobby or front of the building/parent pick up to wave goodbye! I know Mrs. Mead is excellent at finding pompoms and noise makers for this occasion!
🌟End of year procedures:
- All staff: Please hand in/sign in your key to Roger. We are doing an inventory - you'll get it back in August!
- Teachers: Please sign off on all forms in your Teachpoint.
- Paraprofessionals: Please turn Chromebooks and chargers into Roger.
- Matt has asked that all surfaces be clear, i.e. desks (besides desktop computers), univents, etc.
- Take down anything on the wall that won't sustain the hurricane gusts of the fans drying floors.
- All student belongings should be sent home or thrown away.
😎TPS Staff Off Duty! I left a pair of sunglasses and a note in your mailboxes. In place of an animal this year, let's enjoy our off duty status and share some fun pics of ourselves in the shades doing something we enjoy!
ðŸ’I am sharing a survey link with you to complete by 6/20. The survey is anonymous and your opportuinty to give honest feedback about being a staff member at TPS and part of the WRSD. We are all constantly reflecting on our practice and the results of this survey will help to guide decisions and changes.Thanks for filling it out!
👉Lisa Cotting has taken on a new role! She will be now be the MTSS Specialist who will be working with the district MTSS Interventionists and taking on an active role in the MTSS process. Congrats Lisa!
➤A note from central office:
Please send home all used consumable materials (HMH, Eureka, Amplify, and Reveal) with students.
Please remove any outdated textbooks from their classrooms. We have updated the U.S. History and AP Psychology textbooks at the high school, as well as the Middle School Science and Social Studies curricula. The old materials should be cleared from classrooms—students are welcome to take these books home if they'd like.
Other notes/suggestions:
Frame consumables sent home as Summer Learning Opportunities:
In order to support students over the summer, we’d like to ask that teachers send home any used consumables (workbooks, activity sheets, etc.) with their students. These materials can be great tools for students to work on over the summer, helping to keep their skills sharp and ready for the fall.

No comments:
Post a Comment