Friday, March 14, 2025

Fools Spring?

I hope you were able to get outside and enjoy some of the awesome weather we had this week. I hear it is called "Fools Spring," but I am choosing to believe spring is coming, as it was amazing! I am counting down the days until every day feels like this week! 

🖳With spring, comes MCAS.  MCAS has a new online home this year.  I just learned this info myself.  If you are practicing with your students,  you'll want to go to this site to see what the new format looks like and get the students familiar with the change. With that said, please log into https://mcas.cognia.org/ to update your username and password.  Don't know if you are a proctor or not?  Please check the MCAS doc to see if you've been assigned a small group.  You'll also see on that doc the proposed special schedule for testing dates. I've had to adjust the schedule a bit too. Please take a look and let me know if there are any major issues/conflicts that I may have missed.  The specialists have already reviewed this. 

🕮Don't forget that the Book Fair is next week (schedule is here).  It will be housed in the room where the Holiday Shop was set up (room 104)! 

⭐Heads up - if you see a car acting "strange" at recess time moving forward, please report it to the office.

🖌PTA is bringing in Bren Bataclan  on 3/31 to work on a mural in the cafe.  He asked that teachers share this video ahead of time with their classes. I realize it is a few weeks out, but figured sharing it now gives you plenty of time to fit it in.

✅A reminder that 3/19 is a half day. Check out the doc shared by the district to see where you should be. Don't forget to sign up on TeachPoint. Jenn Dolat shared  this doc with more info. A reminder to bring something to share that has worked or isn't working to discuss in break out sessions. 

👛Prince Plaza on wheels seems to be a hit. I apologize that I haven't done a better job communicating about how to borrow it and schedule experiences.  The student council met with me last week and they would love to wheel the Prince Plaza down to your classes and assist with shoppers during their advisories (8:35-8:55) or during their lunch/recess tim (12:35-1:05).  You can also just borrow the PP on your own.  To be more official and organized, let's sign up for days (not dates) and times using this doc. To schedule any of the experiences, email the individual directly.  For bus announcing, email Eileen Donahue. For lunch with Cruiser, email Officer Holly at hdoyle@princetonpolice.org. For VIP Lunch, email Matt Westerlind with the day/time your students would like to cash in.

🏆Congrats to the competitors moving on in the March Madness!  Check the poster hanging up in the main office to see who you compete against next! Next week's challenge is an entertaining one.  It's called "Face the Cookie." For this challenge, each of you will need to get a cookie from me.  As you face off (literally and figuratively), you'll both put your cookie onto your forehead, ensuring that it does not fall off/over.  You will then use your facial muscles to move the cookie down to your mouth. The first person to get the cookie into their mouth without it falling off of your face wins and moves on to the finals! If both cookies fall off, the winner is whoever's cookie lasts the longest! You cannot use your hands at any time!  I would thoroughly enjoy an invitation to watch any of you compete. 😂 If you'd rather not participate, you can forfeit (that's okay).  Please update the bracket after someone wins!

➢Check out the District's new Facebook Page for the latest and greatest (Wachusett Regional School District)!

Have a great weekend!



Looking Ahead: 

  • Monday (3/17) C Day
    • Wear green today!
  • Tuesday (3/18) D Day
    • Book Fair
  • Wednesday (3/19) A Day
    • Half Day - dismissal at 11:55
    • Book Fair
  • Thursday (3/20) B Day
    • Book Fair
    • Community Shop Night @ the Book Fair 4:30-7:00
  • Friday (3/21) C Day
    • Book Fair




No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...