Friday, January 31, 2025

1/31

On Monday, that always tricky Officer Holly let a safe stranger into the building to test our protocols. I am very happy to say that the person was identified in minutes and Emily Loughlin escorted them to the main office before Holly could even walk around from the bus lobby and get to the main entrance! The visitor badges work but only as well as the staff look out for them! We extended the drill a bit and Julie Roczniak and Briana McClure also identified the stranger and brought her to the office's attention. On the same day, we had a new IT department person in the building who was not wearing a badge. Three separate staff members brought this to the administration's attention. Thank you all! You are doing a great job of keeping the building safe! 

Middle School report cards: We are still completing the conduct and citizenship portion. I guess there was some discussion that this practice may be discontinued. I have not heard from the central office that this is the case but will let you know if anything changes. 

We are two weeks out of another break, and I think it's time for a PBIS celebratory assembly! Mrs. DiFonso will leave raffle tickets in mailboxes to sell for 10 Tommy Tickets each. Leave completed raffle tickets in the bowl in her vestibule as usual. I'd like to get as many staff members involved as possible. I'm thinking "Castle Ball." Ideally, we can field four teams and have two first rounds and one championship round. This is not a fast-paced sport, so anyone can participate. If you are interested, please sign up here. We will plan to host it on 2/14 at 8:45. I'm not sure how long to expect it to go but MS students will stay in the gym as everyone else exits and then will head to their special classes. 



A note from the ILT walk-throughs: The ILT team would like to thank everyone who answered our survey and offered for us to come into their classrooms.  The learning walks team "walked" away thinking how lucky we were to have such amazing educators at our school.  We all knew it, but to see it in action is a different thing.  We have each learned things that we are already implementing in our classrooms. The team has shared a slide to highlight some of the things we saw and for the winner of the coffee! We hope we can implement more learning walks in the future. 

-Christina, Cara, Michaela, Jenn, Danielle, & Lindsay


The week ahead: (School Counselor Appreciation Week)

  • Monday (2/3) B Day
  • Tuesday (2/4) C Day
    • Boys basketball at home vs Paxton
  • Wednesday (2/5) D Day
  • Thursday (2/6) A Day
  • Friday (2/7) B Day




No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...