Monday, July 31, 2023

Mid-Summer Check-In

I hope you are all finding time to rest and relax. Keep those whale/porpoise pictures coming! I've got some great ones already. So far they've made it to the beach, camping, and numerous other spots. Oh, and they've found many fancy drinks with umbrellas! It's been nice for me to have a calm summer where I don't feel like I came in late and started trying to meet everyone and hire at the same time. I've been able to plan for the new year and am excited to get started....don't take that as I'm in any rush to get started though! 

The custodians are hard at work and making great progress! Thank you, Matt, Jeff, James, and Ben!
Most (but not quite all) of the classroom floors have been waxed at this point but please don't plan to come in without checking with Matt first; they are now moving onto the hallways. This will impact access to rooms. Meanwhile, the kitchen in the cafeteria had a facelift that is nearing completion, and at the time I am typing this, we have new locks in the building. They're in the building, not installed yet, that started this morning. We are still waiting on the water tank replacement and I will keep you in the loop with that. If it does get changed just before the start of school, please be aware we will have porta-potties on site. This is planned to be completed before students return - and it better be :)

I am getting some dates on the calendar but I wanted to share them with you as well for your planning purposes. The staff meeting schedule can be found here. And I have penciled in Open House/ Curriculum night for 9/28. 


We will have some new staff members this fall (we are still in the search process for a special educator so if you know anyone please reach out). 

Susan Robichaud is a town member and a highly regarded math teacher. She will be taking over 7th and 8th-grade math instruction this year. She joins us from Grafton schools and is a welcome new addition! 

Destiny Keough, our new 1st-grade teacher, is a Wachusett High graduate and comes to us fresh off a half-year stint at Boylston Elementary School where she inherited a difficult situation but remained student focused and turned that bus around. 

I can share that Alina is officially our permanent adjustment counselor after Amanda Hagerty resigned from the position. We are very excited to have Alina back! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...