Congratulations to Michaela! I've asked if I could share the exciting news that she is expecting baby Zielinski! Exciting times!
Thank you to Rachel who planned and executed a super fun Field Day! It was a ton of work and logistics and I think we all learned a lot about what works for TPS. I'm already excited for next year!
Next week you'll find some toy figurines in your mailbox. A tradition I started a few summers ago was sending staff out for the summer with these travel buddies. Take your toy with you on your adventures and if you think of it, send me a picture. I'll put together a slideshow for the first day back so we can relive our summer adventures together. Please don't feel like it is an expectation. Just something fun to do. Here is a slideshow from a few years back - the "see you late edu-gator" year. (Who doesn't enjoy a good pun?)
On the 6/2 blog, I wrote about a 25-minute step-up day but got the feedback that I would run up against dismissal (thanks for catching that. Let's reformat it as a 20-minute activity: I'd like to plan on having a grade-level Step Up Day on the last day of school. I believe this has been done in the past. I'd like each grade level to prepare something for approximately 20 mins that day to get to know the incoming grade students. We will plan for it during 7th-grade specials (11:30-11:50) with the idea that each grade can walk themselves to the next grade level. Reach out with any questions.
The Week Ahead:
- Monday (6/19)
- No School - Juneteenth
- Tuesday (6/20)
- Incoming K Open House
- Wednesday (6/21)
- K Screening
- 8th grade Field Trip
- Thursday (6/22)
- K Screening
- Friday (6/23)
- Last Day of School Early Dismissal / Step up day

No comments:
Post a Comment