Friday, February 3, 2023

2/3

Parent pick-up from the cafeteria worked really well today. I think we'll do that all the time. 

I'd like to thank Alina and Megg for leading PD on Wednesday. They lead a great discussion around teaching students with trauma. I wish everyone had been able to attend. They did however share the slides from the presentation for all though!  

I wanted to remind everyone about the importance of confidentiality. This extends through all walks of life.  When interacting with families and the community, it is our professional responsibility to protect the privacy of our students and families at TPS.   Information that we share with our colleagues, our community members, and even our students (who are always listening and impressionable) can be easily misinterpreted and embellished, and we need to keep in mind the integrity of ourselves, our students, and our families. 

As we shift SDM for dismissal we realize that we don't want substitutes to have to log in at the end of the day. To this end, please include in your sub plans that 5th graders will bring down paper copies of the SDM reports to substitutes at the end of the day.  

When I arrived, I was not a fan of leaving the bus lobby doors unlocked in the morning but left it alone as a past practice in hopes that new lock updates and security were on their way. Recently, we have had two community members let themselves in through these doors in the morning and I can't ignore this security weakness. Starting on Monday, these doors will be locked before school and I will ask staff to come in through the monitored front entry. I will continue to advocate for a fob system at that entry. I am sorry that this will add steps to your day but I value your safety and the safety of the building above all. 

I've been asked to share with staff a reminder. Apparently, this issue has come up in the past, but we have some staff members who have olfactory sensitivity. This seems to be impacting staff now when members wear strongly scented perfumes or use strong-smelling defusers in their rooms. Please just be mindful of this. 

We had faculty council this Monday and I am sharing the minutes here

A note from the PTA: 

Hello TPS Staff and Happy Friday!

After a very successful winter cycle of PTA Mini-Grants being awarded, we are proud to announce that the spring cycle will open up very soon. To prepare, please take a look at the attached mini-grant information sheet. If there are any further questions, feel free to reach out to me directly. 


For this cycle, the PTA will first be prioritizing grade levels and departments that did not receive winter grants. 

Be on the lookout next week for an email with further instructions on how to apply for a mini-grant!

Week Ahead:
  • Friday (2/10)
    • Author Visit/Book Fair Preview
    • We did have to adjust the scheduling slightly
    • 8:45-9:45            Grades 1&2

      9:50-10:50          Grades 3/4/5

      10:50-1:30          Lunch, book signing, kindergarten read-a-loud @12:30 in the K classroom

      1:30-2:30            Grades 6/7/8





No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...