I've been getting questions about Wednesday's building PD and I'm sorry I didn't get this out earlier. PD Wednesday will be provided by your own colleagues (Alina and Meaghan) on teaching students with trauma. The topic was generated based on our last staff meeting on Panorama data. I think it is a timely topic as well. We will plan to meet in the library. We will not have a staff meeting afterward...how did I think that was a good idea?
This a reminder that the Panorama window is open for grades 3 through 8. Here is the handy dandy resource sheet for anyone who needs it.
MIA: I'm looking for one or more FUNdations manuals. I'm told we should have some extra in the building but they did not turn up when we were cleaning the mountain of old curriculum materials.
We didn't get to name a plow (which I think is an injustice) but that doesn't mean we can't keep trying to win contests. The latest to come across my desk: Yard Sign Design Contest. I've linked the guidelines, but some general information:
- Theme - Slowing down in school zones or on school property
- Submissions are open until Friday 2/17 for students in grades 2-8
- Submissions can be scanned and emailed to Diane.Hanson@aecom.com
- Included at the end of the guidelines is a template, but submissions can be made on any regular 8.5x11 piece of paper. However, the paper should be oriented in landscape format.
Notes from BA:
IEP MEETINGS/ED ASSESSMENTS
Please include the most recent STAR data and BAS in your ed assessments for any up and coming IEP meetings. You can also share this information at the meeting(s) when you share how the student is currently doing in your classroom.
ACCOMMODATIONS
Just a kind reminder to make sure you are implementing those IEP accommodations for your students. We need to make sure we are on top of implementing these. During my walk-throughs (even if they are quick some days), I am always on the lookout for accommodations being implemented. IF you need support in doing so, please reach out to Meg, Cara, Stacy or myself.
PRINCE PLAZA UPDATE
Breaking news! The Prince Plaza is open starting Monday! In the store, you will find little prizes as well as coupons for experiences. Each item's "price" is well marked. There will be a bucket where you can place Tommy Tickets as the students make purchases, or you can collect them and reuse them in your classrooms! HERE IS A SLIDE DECK with pictures/prices of the items, as well as some of the coupon experiences that you can share with your class to prepare them for your visit. Reminder: Please visit THIS DOC and fill in the times (opposite week(s)) of your library times that you intend to bring your class to "shop". Classes can visit the Prince Plaza during library time on their off week(s). Teachers may decide whether or not to visit the shop twice per month or only once! During these times, there will be middle schoolers to help the younger students "shop" and assist with making purchases. Danielle and Briana will work with their teams to organize these volunteers. The Committee has asked that you limit your class to spending only 75 tickets per visit (unless they are purchasing the bigger items for 100+). We are trying to avoid running out of prizes quickly! When you are ready to shop, get a key from Tracy, as this room will remain locked.
Also, once your student has cashed in a coupon, please put them in my mailbox!
Look ahead:
- Monday (1/30)
- Tuesday (1/31)
- Wednesday (2/1)
- Half Day for PD
- Dress as your favorite book character
- No Staff Meeting
- Middle School Concert (5:30)
- Friday (2/3)
No comments:
Post a Comment