Friday, February 10, 2023

2/10

Several folks were planning ahead into the Spring and looking for MCAS dates. BethAnne has put this doc together with dates, small groups, proctors, and locations. This is a work in progress and is confidential. We will plan on staff training for MCAS proctors the week of 3/13. More info to follow. 

The PTA, in conjunction with the Chocksett PTA, has scheduled the author Peg Dawson for March 14th. She is an executive functioning expert and will be meeting with each grade level to discuss the skills they need to develop for success in both Middle School and High School. A schedule will follow as the time approaches as will a quick digital questionnaire for the students to complete. I wanted it on people's radar as advertising has begun. She will be giving an evening presentation for parents as well. 

Wednesday is our morning staff meeting. Talking with folks throughout the building, it feels like elementary is in a good place with RTI groupings. I'd like grades k-2 and 3-5 to meet and discuss how they are supplementing F&P, managing assessments, etc. As always, I am willing to be flexible with these times, just let me know if you all are planning to meet outside of that morning time. Middle School can use this time for common planning as they do not typically have the opportunity. 

The Week Ahead: 

  • Monday (2/13) 
    • Book Fair Family Night 4:00-6:00
  • Tuesday (2/14) 
    • Valentine's Day
  • Thursday (2/15) 
    • Middle School Student-Staff Basketball Game
    • Book Fair Family Night 4:00-6:00
  • Friday (2/16)
    • F&P (grades 1-5) Benchmark due for students outside fall score
    • BAS due
  • Monday to Friday (2/20-24) 
    • No School February Vacation





No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...