Saturday, January 21, 2023

1/20

Looking ahead, we have an author visit (Josh Funk) scheduled for Friday 2/10. You can find the specifics of the schedule on the Google calendar. If the times are adjusted from here it will be a small change but I will let you know. If you don't have it please let Tracy know. She shared it with everyone at the start of the year.  

A reminder that parent pickup should not arrive at the main office/door before 2:55. We've been having kids arrive close to 2:45 and it becomes a supervision issue. 

A few notes from BethAnne: 

HOME EC ROOM
I know a lot of you use this room for small groups, breaks,etc.. Sadly now it will be off limits due to the Prince Plaza being set up in there.  I encourage you to use the after school room near the cafeteria.  The new home of the Prince Plaza will remain locked when not in use. 

PRINCE PLAZA UPDATE
Breaking news!  The Prince Plaza will have it's grand opening the week of January 30th!  In the store you will find little prizes as well as coupons for experiences.  Each item's "price" is well marked.  There will be a bucket where you can place Tommy Tickets as the students make purchases, or you can collect them and reuse them in your classrooms!  The store will be ready for your viewing by the end of next week. You can stop in to get an idea of what it looks like so you can talk with your students on how to navigate through it, etc..   Later in the week next week I will also share photos of the prizes with prices (on a slide deck) that you can share with your class too. Coupons for experiences will likely be added throughout the weeks as more opportunities come up and/or suggestions are made. 
Classes can visit the Prince Plaza during the library time on their off week(s).  Please visit THIS DOC  and fill in the times (opposite week(s)) of your library times that you intend to bring your class to "shop".  Teachers may decide whether or not to visit the shop twice per month or only once! During these times, there will be middle schoolers to help the younger students "shop" and to assist with making purchases.  Danielle and Briana will work with their teams to organize these volunteers. 
The Committee has asked that you limit your class to spending only 75 tickets per visit (unless they are purchasing the bigger items for 100+). We are trying to avoid running out of prizes quickly! When you are ready to shop, get a key from Tracy, as this room will remain locked.
I want to take the time to thank the committee for their time and assistance in getting this initiative up and running!  I am so excited!

YOGA
I don't know about you, but I could use a little self care and an opportunity to exercise.  I talked with Alina, our resident yoga instructor, and she is interested in offering some after school yoga classes!  We were thinking one day a week for 6-8 weeks. We have to iron out details, but I was thinking each person could chip in weekly to pay her. Before we make anything official, let's see if there is enough interest.  Place your name and the days you'd be interested in taking a class on THIS DOC.  We'll follow up next week! 

The week ahead: 

  • Tuesday (1/24) 
    • End of 2nd Quarter
    • Boys basketball at Central Tree
  • Friday (1/27)
    • BraveHeart Baseball visiting at lunches
    • Boys basketball at Mountview
  • Saturday (1/28) 
    • Princeton Winter Carnival


No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...