Friday, January 13, 2023

1/13

A few reminders for the week: 

Nurse Karina emailed out earlier this week but we want to make sure we get her a lunch. Please remember the nurse's office is closed (except for emergencies) from 1-1:30 each afternoon. 

Lexia: It took about 6 months but I now have an administrative account. My understanding from the district is that grades 1 through 3 should be using it for about 60 mins per week. I understand this comes on top of ST Math and is another big time commitment but I also know it is a researched based method for increasing literacy skills. And that this is a focus for these grades. If you need help figuring out how to fit this time in your days let me know and I'm happy to help problem solving. Now that I have access, I'll be checking weekly. 

I forgot to share the resource Alina gave staff at the last staff meeting. Not only is the slide a resource itself, but check out the embedded links

Next week's staff meeting is team based again. Please treat these as team meetings/common planning opportunities and provide BethAnne or I something documenting what was worked on. Special education will be 

I wanted to provide a copier update. After repeated calls, the copy room copier is back up and running for now [editors note: it was back up and running]. In the fall I had told you we were expecting new ones and a color copier this winter. The update this week was that it was scheduled to be delivered Monday. That isn't really going to work as the building will be closed. The IT department was working on getting an updated delivery date. This will likely just be a replacement for the copy room as they are still waiting on the one for the main office to come back into stock. 

We are approaching the end of the quarter (grades close 1/24). As we swap semesters please review the duty sheet as many elementary teachers will shift their duties. Starting on 1/25 we will also have the 7th and 8th graders return to their homerooms for dismissal. These teachers and specialists should definitely review the duty sheet as their roles have changed.  

Some of you may have already heard, but Christine Smith's (Administrator of Special Education) father recently passed away. I am sharing his obituary here

The state has recently released additional supports for student mental health. A Behavioral Health Help Line that people can call or text is 833-773-2445. This resource is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week in more than 200 language. The helpline can help individuals and families navigate the behavioral health system and access treatment. More information can be found in this FAQ. Questions can be directed to the helpline director at Mio.Tamanaha@mass.gov. 

It’s BACK! TPS STEAM Expo night is returning this June! 

We are starting to organize what the event will look like and how it will take shape. 

Date:Thursday, June 8th 

Time: School Day and then Parents will be invited from 6:00 - 7:30 PM 

We will have a school wide “ Fairy Tale” theme to the school day on June 8th. Grade levels will work on solving a problem for a character/ theme of a fairy tale of the grades choosing. 

During the school day classes will work their way through the Engineering Design Process and the day will culminate with a showcase for students. 

That night, families will be welcomed to the building to see students' projects from the day, or some you may have held on to from throughout the year. This is our night to shine! 

We will also have hands-on experiences for families to try together.
We are looking for feedback/ volunteers to help pull this event off. 

Roles we need: 

-Someone who coordinates with local food establishments to ask/ encourage them to run a special “ grab and go” or prefixe “TPS Night” menu to help families have a quick week-night dinner locally. 

-Grade levels to think and share what they could “ Host “ or leave out for families to try  / experience 

We will be meeting as a planning committee leading up to the date of the event. If you are interested in joining us please email/ reach out to Kerry or Julie

The Week Ahead: 

  • Monday (1/16) 
    • No School - Martin Luther King Day
  • Tuesday (1/17) 
    • Boys Basketball at Chocksett
    • PTA Meeting at 6:00
  • Wednesday (1/18) 
    • Staff meeting
    • PBIS meeting



No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...