It seems like I'm already into the weekly updates! Sorry if it hits home a little too soon.
The plan for Monday and Tuesday:
- I look forward to seeing everyone on Monday (if I get to see you). I'll be in trainings as well.
- On Tuesday, we will all regroup here at TPS after the Superintendent's address and union meeting. I have it on my calendar for 10:00 in the library but we will push it back if the union meeting (or the Superintendent) goes long. This should be a fairly informal meeting. I think many of the materials traditionally covered at this meeting are either here (in the ever growing BitMoji school) or I am still learning. Instead we'll do some community building and BethAnne and I will do some more learning. I have embedded the "agenda" here for review.
- Lunch in the cafeteria will be pizza and salad from PHOP. Thanks BethAnne for making this happen!
- The afternoon will be left for you to work in your rooms or complete mandated report training (see below) unless you are a teacher of math in grades K-5. Those teachers should attend the ST Math training in room 310 at 1:00.
- This blog just keeps getting longer. My apologies. We can save some time in the staff meeting if you want to watch this short 3 minute video, about the upcoming PTO fundraiser, at your own leisure. I'm using the "honor code" on this one :) The fundraiser will "kick off" on September 7th in the cafeteria.
Mandated Trainings: In another time saving measure, the district has shared the mandated training with us. Feel free to complete it at your leisure...as long as your leisure gets around to it before 9/16. To access it go to wrsd.net < For Staff < Mandated Training
IEPs/504s: (From BethAnne) This year, our goal is to go paperless with regard to copies of IEPs/504s. Instead of receiving paper copies the first week of school, we ask that you access them through PowerSchool. This is for classroom teachers as well as specialists. If you feel you should need a paper copy, I encourage you to print from there. [You may want to summarize or print out accommodations for your sub plans.] Make sure that once you review the IEPs/504s of your students you fill out the google form acknowledging that you have done so! We ask that you do this by 9/9! Let BethAnne know if you have any questions!
You may have seen the posting already but Leah Horeanopoulos has resigned her position as an instructional aide. I know you will all join me in wishing her the best! I am already hard at work trying to fill her position. Let me know if you know of anyone you think may be a good fit!
Thank you to Elaine who has taken on the grant we recieved from the Princeton Cultural Council to update our outdoor spaces! While we're getting ready to spend that money, I wanted to know if anyone has ideas around requesting more. The PCC grants open on 9/1. They will once again welcome proposals for community-oriented arts, humanities, and science programs. These grants can support a variety of artistic projects and visiting artists in schools. If you have any ideas, let's talk and we can apply together here.
Here is the document the district is using based on the latest COVID guidance from DESE.
Custodial update:
- As I type, the custodians are fighting with a powerwasher to clean chalk off the back of the building. I assume some of it is from the community but, in case we have staff that are using chalk, I ask that we keep students from writing on the exterior walls. It's just time consuming to take off and the rain doesn't really get to it.
- I'm also getting questions around building access. I will be here until 7:00ish today so the building is open. On Monday, I have appointments afterschool but will come back to lock up and set the alarm at 6:30 so people can have extra time in their rooms. On Tuesday, the building will be open until 6:00 when the custodians have to lock up and set the alarm.
- Friday (8/26)
- Popsicles on the Playground (5:30-7:00)
- Wednesday (8/31)
- 1st Day of School
- Thursday (9/1)
- 1st Day for Kindergarten
- Monday (9/5)
- No School Labor Day
No comments:
Post a Comment