Friday, August 19, 2022

8/19

August has always given me the Sunday Scaries! The 1st day feels like it is right around the corner...because it is. I hope you have all found time between annoying principal emails to rest and recharge. I believe you will hear from Superintendent Riley early next week regarding our opening expectations. I will follow up at the end of the week with updates from the building. Meanwhile, a few things of note: 

Staffing Update: It has been a busy month! Thank you to all of the volunteers who served on search committees this summer. The names are too numerous to list here and I'm afraid I would forget someone. Our work has been successful though as we have an Assistant Principal, Art Teacher, Middle School Math teacher, and I have submitted paperwork for a Special Education teacher. Fingers crossed this all moves through HR quickly. We received word this morning that Kate Conlon, who had accepted the position of 1st grade LTS, has accepted a full time position in another district. The position is being reposted but, if you know of anyone you think may be a good fit, please don't hesitate to reach out. The LTS lasts until the beginning of December. 

BethAnne DiFonso has accepted the position of Assistant principal and will begin on Monday. She comes to us after 21 years of classroom teaching. She spent 19 years of those years at Boylston Elementary School teaching fifth grade! While at Boylston, Mrs. DiFonso was the lead teacher/principal designee for the last 12 years. BethAnne is a graduate of Assumption (Bachelors), Fitchburg State (Masters in Elementary Education), and Worcester State (Masters in Leadership/Administration). She grew up in the WRSD and resides in Rutland with her husband Anthony and sons Ben and Jack. 
Bob Pack is joining us from Narragansett Middle School as our 7th/8th grade math teacher. He comes with 11 years of great teaching experience and has a history of supporting extra curricular activities. He is a graduate of SUNY Cortland and received his Master's degree from Wake Forest University. He recently returned from an extended trip where he spent time in Dubai with his fiancee. 

Melissa Finkler has turned her Long Term Substitute experience into a full time Art teaching position here at TPS. I'm sure many of you already know her. Her Bachelor's of Fine Arts with a major in Creative Arts Therapy was earned from Endicott College and her Master's of Education from Boston University. She has two children attending TPS and is also a Yoga instructor. 

I will make an announcement to families next week introducing these folks and hopfully one more but wanted to get this to all of you first. 

Boxes: We have math curriculum in the library so please grab your materials when you swing by at the start of school. 

STEM: In preparation for 2022 STEM Week Challenge, stemhub has shared this training opportunity with us. 

Front office printer: Tracy and I were finding we were getting our jobs mixed up in the front office when we sent things to the printer. I can only imagine what could happen when the building is full. We've had a job release option added to that printer (we don't have that ability in the teachers room yet). If you send something to the front office, hit "held jobs" and your name to get it to print. 

Information central: I try to keep all things in one location! It's just how my mind works. To that end, I've started a Bitmoji TPS as a repository for all things electronic. I will do my best to keep it updated as things come out and hopefully it will become a resource for all of you.  I still have lots to figure out and to add. The last slide is a link to this blog. I plan to send out a weekly communication to staff once the year gets underway. 

Looking ahead: 
  • Tuesday (8/23) 
    • New(ish) staff training
  • Wednesday (8/24) 
    • New(ish) staff training day 2
  • Thursday (8/25) 
    • New(ish) staff training day 2 at TPS - hopefully we'll tour the building and won't get lost together
  • Friday (8/26) 
    • Popsicles on the Playground at 5:30



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...