We made it! The first week is in the books and now we all get a well deserved three day break!
Looking ahead, I realized I need to get Curriculum night on the calendar. Let's plan for 9/29. The last schedule I can find (pre COVID) looked as follows but please provide me feedback last year if you see any room for improvement:
- K/3 - 5:00-6:00
- 1st/2nd/6th - 5:30-6:30
- 4th/5th - 6:00-7:00
- 7th/8th - 6:30-7:30
- Specials/Special Education 5:45-6:45
A small change in our breakfast routine this year. Please encourage students to head down to the cafeteria to pick up their breakfast. It is once again free this year.
Looking for members to join some important committees. I know you may have said it to me, but in all honesty, unless you sent me an email I forgot! Looking for a social committee, PBIS committee, and faculty council.
I received this PD opportunity via email from STEMHub that I wanted to share with you. This one too!
15. WRSD Dress/Personal Attire:
Neatness, cleanliness, and appropriateness are the keystones of school dress and appearance in the Wachusett Regional School District. Personal dress and appearance may not violate reasonable standards of health, safety, cleanliness, and may not result in disruption or disorder within the school.
The WRSD Dress Code for school and school functions hopes to achieve three goals:
Promote a respectful learning environment.
Promote a safe learning environment where dress does not interfere with the successful and safe completion of learning activities.
Promote an equitable and inclusive learning environment in which the dress code does not negatively impact any group based on race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, religion, disability, socio-economic status, and/or body type/size.
The responsibility of proper dress and grooming rests primarily with the student and his/her/their parents or guardians. We ask that students and parents/guardians work to ensure that the goals outlined above are being met with the student’s school dress attire.
Hoods, except those worn in relation to required religious practice or with prior administrative approval due to a disabling condition, may not be worn within the school building as such headwear interferes with the identification of students and presents safety concerns. Sunglasses are not to be worn inside the building except with medical authorization and prior approval of the school administration.
Offensive clothing can sometimes be subjective to the individual; however, students should be aware that if symbols, words, or pictures on clothing cause, or are reasonably forecast to cause, a substantial disruption of the school environment, they will be asked to remove and replace the offensive clothing. Offenders may be subject to other disciplinary action as well. To this end, we ask that students and parents be considerate of how dress choices affect the safety and comfort of others. Clothing may not depict, advertise, or advocate the use of alcohol, tobacco, marijuana or other controlled substances, and weapons.
In addition, a student’s personal dress and appearance must comply with any and all applicable state and federal health and safety regulations, especially while attending a lab or shop.
From BethAnne:
Thank you for welcoming me into your classrooms this week! I truly loved experiencing the first days in every grade level and classroom!
A few things:
Be sure to log into PowerSchool to read those IEPs and 504s. I provided the specialists with class lists indicating who is on an IEP or 504. If anyone else feels they need a copy, let me know and I will get it to you! Don’t forget to complete THIS FORM once you have reviewed them and by 9/9! If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out!
I *think* I made it to every room and every phone with a sticker that says “Feature 630”. If you see a phone without one, or I missed your room, please let me know! In case you didn’t know, it seems we can dial 9-1-1 from these phones after pressing 9 first (9-9-1-1).
Finally, I got a kick watching you all make the journey across the hot chocolate river. When Ace did this years ago at a staff meeting, we all found value in the “lesson” even if standing on marshmallows was kind of silly. While be it kind of cheesy, working as a team really does help us all find solutions and success! I am excited to be a part of the team here at TPS and working with all of you!
Here are a few fun photos from the chocolate river!
- Monday (9/5)
- No School - Labor Day
- Tuesday (9/6)
- First Day of Middle School Track
- Picture Day!
- Election Day in the Gym
- PTO Meeting at 6:00
- Wednesday (9/7)
- PTO Fundraiser Kickoff at lunch
- Friday (9/9)
- Patriot Friday! The Pats will take on the Dolphins Sunday!
- Grade 8 Panoramic Picture


No comments:
Post a Comment