Friday, October 11, 2024

10/11

With information in multiple places and conferences going on, I wanted to remind teachers in grades 3-8 that the Panorama window is open and will remain open until the 25th. I have already reached out to the teachers of any students opting out of the survey. 

Attendance is getting a little loose again. We've had a number of kids marked as absent this week who were present. The panic parents have in their voices when we call them to say the kids aren't here when they watch them get on the bus, is palpable. It's not fair to do this to them. Please be mindful of completing attendance accurately every morning. If you need support in this just let me know. I have asked Karina to let me know moving forward so I can have individual conversations if necessary. I want to help you to be successful. 

I thought the practice was pretty ingrained since our stranger drills last year but I wanted to remind everyone that adults entering the building must check in at the office and have a visitor badge on them. This includes when the admin team comes for walk-throughs and family events where parents enter the building. 

I was able to sit with the PTA this week and we looked over the calendar for the year. Some of the dates are still a moving target but for your planning purposes: 

  • Ivy and Bean
    • K,1,2 - 12:00-1:00 in the gym
    • 3,4 - 1:00-2:00 in the gym 
  • Viking Fundraiser Kickoff during lunches 10/21
  • Mini-grants open 10/25
  • Viking race (likely during specials) 11/1
  • Mini-grants close on 11/18 
  • Holiday Shop tentatively Week of 12/9
  • Book Fair tentatively either the week of 3/10 or 3/17
  • K-5 Dance tentatively either 4/4 or 4/11
  • Teacher Appreciation week 5/5
  • Bren Bataclan - Artist mural in the cafeteria week of 3/31
    • Student intro on 3/31 MS 8:30-9:30 in the cafeteria
    • Student intro on 3/31 K-5 1:30-2:30
    • Unveiling on 4/4 (timing TBD) 

A Note from BethAnne

You'll notice that the Buddy Bench has been installed on the playground. I'd like to take a moment to thank the PBIS Committee last year for the idea and to the PTA for purchasing it for us!  Over the next two weeks, it would be really great if you would show this video of the book "The Buddy Bench" to your class and hold a discussion about the bench's purpose.  I am going to see about getting a copy or two for the library as well, but the video is pretty cute.   

The Week Ahead: 

  • Monday (10/14) 
    • No School - Columbus/Indigenous Peoples Day
  • Tuesday (10/15) Day A 
    • Cross Country Meet @ Paxton
  • Wednesday (10/16) Day B
  • Thursday (10/17) Day C
    • Picture Retakes
    • PTA presents "Ivy and Bean" 
      • K,1,2 - 12:00-1:00
      • 3,4 - 1:00-2:00
  • Friday (10/18) Day D
    • Kindergarten Hike


No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...