Friday, September 6, 2024

9/6

Just a reminder to get started on those goals. I'm including the evaluation timeline link here as well. Don't hesitate to reach out with questions. A reminder, BethAnne and I are splitting evaluations this way. I have been doing a bunch of initial observations of all the elementary teachers though, with an eye on Into Reading adoption. 

There seems to be some discrepancy in timing for specials. I've reviewed the master schedule to make sure all the times are correct. Please take a second look as there were some adjustments made. It's important to stick to the times listed. Arriving early/late can impact the specialists lunch time among other things. 

Looking ahead to conferences please don't plan to schedule these yourself. The Central Office will be scheduling these electronically to allow parents to go to one place to schedule them across the district. 

The PTA is bringing in "The Flying Dogs", an assembly planned for Monday morning. We will be out on the softball field...weather-dependent, with a backup in the gym. Grades 5-8 from 9:00-9:45 and K-4 from 10:00-10:45. 

Heads up around STAR. The district has adjusted how we view STAR from district norms of 40% to 50%. The results will be more aligned with projected MCAS scores. This may look scary. Many students who used to show up as green will likely show up as yellows or reds. This is ok. It will help us target student needs more appropriately. Amy Norton put this together to provide more in-depth information than I have. 

We will have a staff meeting next Wednesday. The plan is to discuss MTSS updates, talk about the impending District Walk Through, and review some data.     

In an effort to get ahead of things and make sure we procure nurses when necessary, I'm asking for teams to think about field trips early this year. I am asking that any paperwork for the spring be submitted prior to January 31st. 

A Note from BethAnne

Warrior of the Month
We will continue to do the Warrior of the Month Awards.  Please put your nominations on the WARRIOR OF THE MONTH SPREADSHEET. It is also linked on the Bitmoji PBIS page.  The due dates for each month are posted.  Starting with September, please have your student choice entered by 9/20. 

Bulletin Board
I'd like to use the bulletin board covered in silver in the main hallway outside of the copy room area.  I was hoping to do something related to PBIS, Warrior of the Month or the like. If nobody has any objections, I will start creating. It's okay if someone wants to use it!  I feel like it just needs some updating. 

SST
Thank you to Christina and Megg who offered to be a part of our SST team.  We will begin our meetings on 9/13 (D Days) during the 11:30-12:00 block. We will meet in the conference room for all referrals and SST meetings. 

PBIS
Anyone interested in the committee?!?!!?

The Week Ahead: 

  • Monday (9/9) Day D
    • Dog Flying Assembly 
  • Tuesday (9/10) Day A
  • Wednesday (9/11) Day B
    • Staff Meeting
  • Thursday (9/12) Day C
  • Friday (9/13) Day D 
  • Saturday (9/14) 
    • Touch a Truck at Krashes Field 


No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...