Friday, August 30, 2024

8/30

The Fire Department is willing to provide free CPR training to interested staff. We have tentatively earmarked the date of 10/24 from 3-6. This is the gauging interest phase to see if we can fill a class. Please let me know if you are interested. 

I'm still looking for volunteers for the Learning Walk. All you need is 10 mins between 9:30 and 10:20.

All the elementary school principals have been charged with doing Into Reading observations in the first three weeks of school. I was anticipating community and routine building this week but will have to get started in earnest next week to get to everyone in the required time frame. I wanted to put that on your radar.  

I've heard back from Central Office and we are clear for Open House night on 9/26. We heard positive feedback about the Open House format rather than Curriculum Night format last year so let's continue in that direction. I do have some information about the new elementary curricula that I will share with families before that evening. Please review the schedule below and give me feedback before I share it with families next week.  

  • K/3 - 5:00-6:00
  • 1st/2nd/6th - 5:30-6:30
  • 4th/5th - 6:00-7:00
  • 7th/8th - 6:30-7:30
  • Specials/Special Education 5:45-6:45
I wanted to let you know we have been able to identify and hire a new school adjustment counselor. Christine Rayner will be joining us from Gardener after giving her two week notice next week. I will let families know next Friday. She has several year of experience as a SAC and will be a welcome addition to the team! 

A Note From BethAnne

Special Ed
I realize our time was rushed on Monday to talk about students on IEPs and 504s. If you'd like to meet with me, please just ask! I am happy to find you during your common planning time or a time that works for you! 
Please remember to sign off on the Google Form that you have received and read your students' IEPs and 504s.  You can find it on the TPS Bitmoji Page called Student Support. 
Which reminds me -  We now have a Student Support page. This is where you can find things related to special ed and 504s.  We'll likely be adding to it as the year progresses. 

MTSS/SST
Are you interested in being a rep on the Student Support Team?  I'm hoping to find a k-2 representative and a 3-5 representative right now.  I still need to figure out a way to make it work with middle school staff. Send me an email if you'd like to join the team.

PBIS
 Who wants to volunteer to be a part of the committee?! I know you are out there! Let me know. 

The Week Ahead: 

  • Monday (9/2) No School - Labor Day 
  • Tuesday (9/3) No School - PD day 
  • Wednesday (9/4) Day A
  • Thursday (9/5) Day B
    • Picture Day 
    • 8th Grade Panorma Picures 
  • Friday (9/6) Day C



No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...