Friday, September 27, 2024

9/27

I've been meaning to let you know we've had an issue with specials transitions. In the old schedule, there were about 5 minutes between classes to allow the specialists to reset their spaces before the next grade level. Often times this "between" time would be absorbed by teachers running late and early and the specialists were very flexible about it. This is what happens when all the clocks in the building don't say the same time. This year, the schedule is tighter and these 5-minute windows are non-existent. I've asked the specialists to send classes down to their rooms, if their classroom teacher isn't on time, to make sure the next class does start on time. 

If you haven't already prepped the students for an ALICE drill please do so at the beginning of next week in anticipation that there will be a drill towards the end of the week. My intention is to run the drill as we have in the past. There will be an announcement as to a location where a dangerous event is taking place. At that point, the adults in the building are empowered to make the best decision they can with that information. If you evacuate our rally point is still in the backfield behind the playground. If you lock down, feel free to barricade, make sure the students spread out, and come out when a staff member or officer opens the door with a key. If you've been so quiet that you think we've missed opening up for you just call down to the office for the all-clear. Please, reach out with any questions. 

I wanted to share with you that I met with Tiana Carleton this morning. She has resigned her position her as of October 11th. She's done a fantastic job here and I know you will all join me in wishing her the best moving forward! 

Heads up the the PTA had scheduled assemblies for grades 5-8 on the 1st and 3rd. I was under the impression that these were scheduled during specials but I haven't been able to confirm this with the PTA. I will share information when I have it but the intention is for it not to interfere with content time. 

MTSS/SST
The SST's goal this year is to make teachers feel supported in the MTSS process and in creating intervention plans on Panorama.  I have revamped the MTSS page on the Bitmoji staff site to help further identify the steps and make the resources more visible.   You'll notice we have created a "help" button, which will serve as a "help desk" ticket.  If you need help, we want to be a resource for you as you are creating goals for creating intervention plans! Fill it out and a member of the team will find the time to consult with you.  We also included a "goal bank" link that provides you a plethora of goal examples/suggestions for many subjects!  We already see some intervention plans in place on Panorama - that's great!  

The Week Ahead: 

  • Monday (9/30) Day C
  • Tuesday (10/1) Day D 
  • Wednesday (10/2) Day A
    • Custodian Appreciation Day 
    • Cross Country Meet (Home) 
  • Thursday (10/3) Day B
    • PTA Meeting (6:00 in the TPS Library) 
  • Friday (10/4) Day C


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...