Friday, September 20, 2024

9/20

It took a bit of time, but the closet outside of the gym is cleared out and set for recess equipment. We have a key on a fanny pack by the radios that will get staff into the closet. The fanny pack is also full of general first aid needs so you can deal with those minuscule, almost invisible, cuts with a band-aide. 

Please make sure you read and follow up on Jim Reily's email today. If you have any questions please reach out. 

Wednesday's staff meeting has been allocated to complete the online training from the start of the school year. I do ask that you do this in the building. However, you do not need to stay beyond the time it takes to complete this. 

Thank you to everyone for your support and flexibility during our district learning walks on Thursday. I realize that while some staff were directly impacted by having a cadre of adults loitering in their rooms while they taught, everyone felt some impact. Thank you all! Everyone was very impressed by TPS, the students, the staff, and the general "vibe" of the school. 

Now that the year is in full swing, everyone should be able to access those Common Planning Times. I'm going to try and get into everyone's next week to see how it's going and offer support if needed. Please remember that they should have some culminating document, notes, spreadsheet (or whatever) and that should be shared here

A Note from BethAnne

A Note from BethAnne
Emails
From today moving forward, I need to be consulted about any parent email sent to you about a student on an IEP or 504 before you reply.  Even if the email seems trivial, I need to be a part of the process of replying/answering their question(s) or requests.  
In the same vein, please remember two things:
1. We cannot use names or initials in an email that tells a narrative of any kind. We cannot discuss concerns, IEP services, etc. in an email.  What you can do is say, "Hi, I'd like to set up a time to discuss Bobby Sue." Also acceptable is, "I am concerned about Billy Bob. Can we find a time to talk?" These are acceptable because they do not include opinion or a narrative about a student. 
2. It is okay to not respond right away to  parent emails. Twenty four hours is a professionally acceptable response time. In some cases, we may even need 48 hours. This is important especially for students on IEPs and 504s, as it gives all team members the opportunity to be on the same page first.  
I am happy to answer any questions about any of this!

CPT
Now that Common Planning Time is in full swing, I'd like to remind folks that this time can (and in some cases should) be used for conversations about student concerns, special ed consultations, etc..  If you are having a concern about a student, please reach out to me, the special ed teacher and/or service providers to be a part of these conversations.  Our goal this year more than ever is to get ahead of concerns and truly utilize the MTSS process.   

The Week Ahead: 

  • Monday (9/23) Day B
  • Tuesday (9/24) Day C
  • Wednesday (9/25) Day D
    • Staff Meeting
    • Cross Country at Mountview
  • Thursday (9/26) Day A
    • Lisa's Pollinator Garden Re-dedication 3:30
    • Open House
  • Friday (9/27) Day B
    • Wear your TPS Warrior Gear! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...