Wednesday, July 31, 2024

7/31

Sorry to disturb your summers but I wanted to check in. I love seeing the frog pictures coming in so please keep those coming. They make us smile over here and should be a good reminder of a fun summer when we all get back. You can send them to either of us. 

This year's bitmoji class is up. There are still some links to complete but I know that people like to have things like the staff meeting schedule as early as possible for their planning purposes. 

  • Classroom Management: Find class lists, locker assignments (slide 3), and the bell schedule (slide 4) to organize your day.
  • Professional Development: Review the teacher evaluation process, observation guidelines, and "What to Look For" sections (all on slide 2).
  • Important Dates: Check the assessment calendar, staff meeting schedule, and district calendar (all on slide 3).
  • Student Support: Access IEP/504 sign-off forms, special education schedules, and the MTSS process (slides 4 and 5).
  • Curriculum Resources: Explore grade-level word lists, literacy links, and digital learning tools (slide 6).
  • Executive Functioning Resources: Utilize the presentation slides and tools on slide 7.
  • Field Trips: All necessary forms and procedures are on slide 3.
  • Communication: Use the Release of Information form (slide 4) and the "Warrior Wrap-Up" for family communication (slide 8).
  • PTA Opportunities: Consider applying for a PTA mini-grant (slide 8).
  • Don't forget to prepare your sub binder (slide 4) and review crisis management procedures in CrisisGo (slide 4).

I also wanted to let you know that Lindsay May will be joining us as our new MS special educator. She joins us from Chocksett Middle School where she was a MS civics teacher for several years. She's already hard at work reading IEPs and getting ready for this new adventure. 

The PTA has been doing "Family check-ins" on their Facebook this summer, highlighting different families' adventures. They wanted me to extend the invitation to staff if they would like to share their family adventures as well. 

FYI: The district is not supporting the use of Scholastic magazines with the preference to using High Quality Instructional Materials provided in the programs we have invested in.  

Looking ahead: 
  • Wednesday (8/21) 
    • New Teacher Orientation Year 1s
  • Thursday (8/22) 
    • New Teacher Orientation Year 1s and 2s
  • Thursday (8/22) 
    • New Teacher Orientation Year 1s and 2s
  • Monday (8/26)
    • Staff Orientation
  • Tuesday (8/27) Day A 
    • First Day of School 1st through 8th
  • Wednesday (8/28) Day B
    • First Day of Kindergarten
  • Thursday (8/29) Day C
  • Friday (8/30) Day D
    • TPS Friday! Wear your TPS gear or Red/Black 


No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...