I hope you all felt appropriately appreciated this week. I wish you all got to feel this love daily, you deserve it. The picture here makes me smile. I loved Wednesday's staff meeting. I heard the laughs and the squeals and it seemed like everyone got into it at some point. I think it's important to remember, work hard play hard. I'm hoping we can find some more opportunities for fun as we wind down the year.
So either I misunderstood the directions or the directions were changed and I was left off an email. I am going to get all the teacher supplies for Into Reading to the elementary teachers next week. Feel free to start playing with them and trying out lessons. If you are willing, it would be great to find a chance for a teammate to come in and see how it's going, but no pressure.
The PTA is looking to add more materials to the playground (i.e. basketballs, soccer nets, jump ropes, etc.) If you have any preferences please let me know and I will share your requests with them.
Once again Kelly, from Assumption, has reached out to me to see if anyone is interested in hosting student teachers next year. Similar to previous semesters, their seniors will be taking their Elementary Math Methods course and can be placed in any grade 1-6 during a teacher’s math block. The teacher candidates will need to complete 25 hours in the field, over the course of 10-11 weeks. They will be observing, assisting as needed, and tasked with teaching 2-3 lessons in the field by the end of the semester. I have linked a brief overview that details the pre-practicum field experience for anyone who might be interested in learning more about our program. Let me know by the end of next week if you are interested. You can also reach out directly to Kelly with questions (ka.benestad@assumption.edu)
And I wanted to confirm rumors. Meg Foley has accepted a position over at Mayo and will be joining them on Monday. Cheryl will be filling in while we interview potential replacements. I know you all will join me in wishing her the best!
Looking ahead:
- Monday (5/13) Day C
- Town Elections
- School Council
- Track Meet - Overlook
- Tuesday (5/14) Day D
- MCAS Civics 8th grade
- Wednesday (5/15) Day A
- Half Day - Teacher PD
- MCAS Civics 8th grade Day 2
- Thursday (5/16) Day B
- Track Meet - Tahanto
- Friday (5/17) Day C
- Tuesday (5/21) Track Meet (Lunenburg)
- Wednesday (5/22) District Track Meet
- Staff Meeting
- Thursday (5/23) K-4 Field Trip
- Friday (5/24) Memorial Day presentation by PFD
- MS Spring Fling Dance
- Sunday (5/26) TPS Chorus at Princeton Memorial Day Parade
- Monday (5/27) No School - Memorial Day
- Wednesday (5/29) Band/Chorus/Strings Concert at WRHS
- Kindergarten Celebration
- Thursday (5/30) Track Meet - WRHS
- Friday (5/31) 5th grade KNEX Challenge
- Saturday (6/1) State Track Meet
- Tuesday (6/4) Grade 6 Field Trip
- Wednesday (6/5) STEAM Night Staff Meeting
- Thursday (6/6) STEAM Night
- Friday (6/7) Family Movie Night
- Tuesday (6/11) Town Meeting
- Grade 6 Egpyt Museum
- Wednesday (6/12) Last day for Kindergarten
- Field Day
- 8th Grade Graduation
- Thursday (6/13) New Kindergarten Open House
- 8th Grade Dance
- Friday (6/14) 8th Grade Six Flags Trip (more info to follow)
- Tuesday (6/18) Last Day of School 11:55 Dismissal


No comments:
Post a Comment