Friday, March 8, 2024

3/8

For those teaching grades K-5, BethAnne has added the Into Reading training slides to the curriculum bitmoji page. 

In the same vein, I am still unpacking the HMH Curriculum materials and taking inventory to make sure we have everything we need to start next school year. I will hold onto these as I know most of your rooms are full of F&P materials. I'll get them out to you at the end of the year. 

I thought I shared this before, but we are looking at different expectations for time on content areas next year. I'm deep in the scheduling process and please rest assured it is all possible. I've included the table of expectations here

Looking at the PD schedule and upcoming staff meetings....originally, I had arranged for a guest speaker on the 1/2 day PD day to talk about restorative practices. With the impending implementation of HMH, I'd be looking at about 10 people able to attend. Plus those people would miss the content-specific PLCs and I hate for TPS to be left out of those conversations. It's a two-hour presentation so I've arranged for him to present after school on 4/24 from 3:15-5:15 and will cancel the 4/10 staff meeting. 

A Note from BA: 

I am still organizing details, logistics, etc. for MCAS. I will likely share it all next Friday. I do want to remind folks to log into Pearson Access Next and reset their passwords (it usually makes you change it year to year) before our training at the next staff meeting.  Here is the link: https://mcas.pearsonaccessnext.com/customer/index.action.
Here are the testing dates just as a reminder: 
  • ELA 4/9 and 4/10
  • Math 4/30 and 5/1
  • STE 5/7 and 5/8
  • Civics  5/14

The week ahead: 
  • Monday (3/11) Day C
    • PTA Mini Grants Due
    • Special Town Meeting (TPS Cafeteria)
  • Tuesday (3/12) Day D
    • Monty Tech Interviews
  • Wednesday (3/13) Day A
  • Thursday (3/14) Day B
    • Spring Pictures
    • Faculty Leadership Team
    • PTA Meeting
  • Friday (3/15) Day C
    • Safe program in Gym (grades 4,2,3)




No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...