Friday, June 2, 2023

6/2

Wednesday will be our staff meeting. We will finally put the finishing touches on the ALICE training that we have been working towards all year. Support staff are welcome to attend as well. Building on our fall training and the online training we will convene in the library before running some staff-only drills and answering questions with the intention of drilling with students on Friday. 

One of the things we will review on Wednesday is Crisis Go. You are free to download this communication tool on your phone if you like but it is not an expectation. I would encourage everyone to log in once on their desktops before Wednesday's meeting. Ed will join us to answer any questions. 

I received a question this week that lit a fire under me. I'd like to plan on having a grade-level Step Up Day on the last day of school. I believe this has been done in the past. I'd like each grade level to prepare something for approximately 25 mins that day to get to know the incoming grade students. We will plan for it during 7th-grade specials (11:30-11:55) with the idea that each grade can walk themselves to the next grade level. Reach out with any questions. 

Rember the assessment windows are open. This includes STAR and the Panorama survey. You can find the necessary Panorama information here

Grades close and report cards are due on 6/23. 

The Week Ahead: 
  • Tuesday (6/6) 
    • Grade 4 Field Trip
    • 2nd Grade Pedestrian Safety Program
  • Wednesday (6/7) 
    • Community Readers
    • Staff meeting
    • Track meet at home 
  • Thursday (6/8) 
    • STEAM Night
  • Friday (6/9) 
    • ALICE drill
    • Kindergarten Celebration
  • Saturday (6/10) 
    • State Track Meet

Upcoming Dates: 
Wednesday (6/14) Field Day
Thursday (6/15) Field Day Rain Date
Thursday (6/15) 8th Grade Dance
Friday (6/16) Last Day of Kindergarten
Friday (6/16) 8th Grade Graduation
Monday (6/19) No School Juneteenth
Tuesday (6/20) Incoming K Open House
Wednesday (6/21) K Screening
Wednesday (6/21) 8th grade Field Trip
Thursday (6/22) K Screening 
Friday (6/23) Last Day of School even after snow days / Step up day



No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...