Friday, May 5, 2023

5/5/23

A few years ago, I was able to make a connection with Assumption College to bring in student teachers. We have so many great teachers here and the pool of incoming candidates to the field is so light, I feel like showing new teachers the right way has become more critical than ever. I wanted to reach out today to gauge any interest that you may have in hosting an Assumption teacher candidates in the fall.  They are starting to gather a list of teachers that may be interested in hosting a student for pre-practicum.  These seniors will be taking their Math Methods course and can be placed in grades 1st – 6th  during a teacher’s math block.  The student would need to complete at least 25 hours in the field over the course of 10-11 weeks.  Their hours include observations, field-based tasks, assisting the classroom teacher as needed, and teaching approximately three lessons over the course of the semester. In terms of DESE requirements, faculty members that serve as supervising practitioners to the teacher candidates are required to have three or more years of teaching experience, and a least an Initial License, Elementary 1-6. I have attached a brief overview of the fall pre-practicum experience for anyone interested. This was a great experience for teachers and students in my last school. 

I'd like to offer a big congratulations to Megan Foley who is now engaged! Yay!  

A reminder that the town will host voting on Monday in the band room. There will be multiple police on duty to ensure community members do not enter the building beyond that room. However, staffers working the polls will be given visitor badges and may be in the building using the bathrooms. They have been CORI'd. If you see astranger in the building without this badge please call down to the office. 

It's the time of year to start thinking about student supply lists for next year. I was happy when I looked over last year's lists and saw that they didn't look too cumbersome for families. Please take a look and update them. Also, I have always been trained that we cannot request or use Clorox products (such as wipes) in a school for liability and health reasons. If you have something like that on your list please take a  look for a "green" alternative. And finally, if you don't already have something on the form, add that anyone, where these lists are a financial hardship, can reach out to me over the summer. 

If you have been trying to send Stacy Malia an email this week, you may have noticed it bounced back. Stacy is on leave of absence. She is ok, but may not be in communication for some time. Meanwhile, Megan and Cara will be assuming some direct instruction responsibilities on Tuesday so they may be reaching out to you to discuss your students. 

We've had a few issues on the playground recently that call into question supervision. My intermittent observation also shows a lot of variability in the supervision. While I understand the desire to catch up with each other when you spend the whole day in a room with 20 children, please spread out and have an adult in all the main areas where kids are playing. I'll continue to check in and if need be I can assign areas. 


The Week Ahead: 
  • Monday (5/8) 
    • Town Election at TPS
    • PTA Breakfast
  • Tuesday (5/9) 
    • PBIS Meeting
  • Wednesday (5/10) 
    • Wizard Of Oz
    • Nurse Appreciation Day
    • Kona Ice for Staff Appreciation (11:00-1:00)
  • Thursday (5/11)
    • Staff Luncheon by Administration
    • Track meet at Tyngsboro
  • Friday (5/12) Wizard of Oz
    • Coffee Cabin at 8:00
Upcoming Dates: 
Tuesday (5/16) Science MCAS 5th and 8th
Wednesday (5/17) Half Day of School for PD
Thursday (5/18) Science MCAS 5th and 8th
Friday (5/26) PTA Bravehearts Opening Day
Friday (5/26) Grade 2 Field Trip
Monday (5/29) No School Memorial Day
Wednesday (5/31) Grade 3 Field Trip
Wednesday (5/31) Band Concert at WRHS
Friday (6/2) TPS Dance
Tuesday (6/6) Grade 4 Field Trip
Thursday (6/8) STEAM Night 
Friday (6/9) Kindergarten Celebration
Saturday (6/10) State Track Meet
Wednesday (6/14) Field Day
Thursday (6/15) Field Day Rain Date
Thursday (6/15) 8th Grade Dance
Friday (6/16) Last Day of Kindergarten
Friday (6/16) 8th Grade Graduation
Monday (6/19) No School Juneteenth
Tuesday (6/20) Incoming K Open House
Wednesday (6/21) K Screening
Wednesday (6/21) 8th grade Field Trip
Thursday (6/22) K Screening 
Friday (6/23) Last Day of School even after snow days



Submitted by Rachel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...