Friday, March 24, 2023

3/24

Faculty Council was held this week and the minutes are here. One of the specific questions I wanted to highlight was about providing evidence for the evaluation process. Those in the first 3 years should have already done their mid-years. Everyone should be thinking about their end-of-year evidence. My read of the contract is that this is due 30 days before the summatives are due. I am shooting for 5/15 for these summatives. That would make evidence due on 4/15. If you need more time please just let us know. We will work with you. Also, and I'd like to stress this, do not let the evidence become cumbersome. One piece for each domain and your two goals is plenty. If you want to put them all in one doc that is even better! Let's keep this easy for all of us! 

I had a chance to meet with HR this week. She reminded me of the link she sent out earlier in the year. At the time I thought it was just for payroll questions. Turns out it covers the whole gamut of HR requests and will expedite your chances of getting a response. I am linking it here but also on Tracy's page on the bitmoji school under the "HR solutions" pic. 

A note from BethAnne:
MCAS Updates
- Dates
The district has asked us to adjust our testing schedule based on the celebration of Passover. You will see the only dates affected are the middle school ELA testing dates.  Middle school will now be joining 3-5 and taking the test on 4/4 and 4/5.
- Training (please bring Chromebook)
Training will take place on Tuesday 3/28. We will meet in the conference room for these training sessions. Please bring your manual (which I have left in your box today). 
This is the schedule, including whom should attend:
8:30-8:55 4th Grade Team, Tara Bostock, Arlene Wood, Erica Mead and Ari Gurbuz
9:20-9:45 3rd Grade Team, Cara Cammuso, Stacy Malia
1:20-1:45 5th Grade Team, 6th Grade Team
2:05-2:30 7 & 8th Grade Team (including Danielle), Meg Foley, Dale Kristoff
- Updates & Schedule Changes
HERE is the most recent up to date information, including small groups, proctors and specials schedule changes.  EVERY grade level should look at this as other grade levels (who aren't MCAS testing) may be affected. SPECIALISTS also please check this document as your schedules will look different on some days. EVERYONE should make sure to check the changes, as some people have been assigned other MCAS related duties for testing days.  Please let me know if you see any major problems or have a question! 

The Week Ahead: 
  • Monday (3/27) 
    • 1st Track Practice
  • Tuesday (3/28) 
    • 7th grade SOS class
  • Thursday (3/30) 
  • Friday (3/31) 
    • 6th grade Egyptian Museum 
    • Middle School CyberBullying presentation
    • Fire Department SAFE presentation Grades 2-4


No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...