The Fire department will be coming in this month to complete SAFE in 2nd through 8th grade. Please note the schedule impacts specials.
SAFE schedule 2023
Sessions will take place by grade level in the cafeteria
Tis the season of special presentations. 6th through 8th grades will also have a cyberbullying presentation on 3/31 from 1:20-2:05 in the cafeteria. This too is scheduled to limit the impact on academic blocks.
And the final special presentation plug is a reminder that Peg Dawson will be in on Tuesday morning (although we are watching the forecast).
This year has flown by and it's scary to type this but I have started to turn my attention to our placement process. I have outlined the process I'd like us to follow here. I'd like us to focus on creating evenly distributed heterogeneous classrooms that we can support with the resources we already have. I am not anticipating getting more. Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or if I've missed something (fairly likely).
Wednesday is our AM staff meeting. Teachers of grades 3 through 8 should meet with BethAnne in the library to review MCAS training. This will begin at 7:45. I would like grades K through 2 to meet and share their process for BAS completion and documentation. I would like the group to come to a consensus on practice so we can have some more uniformity/consistency. Specialists should meet and discuss scheduling for next year based on my conversation with them this week.
Wednesday is also our half-day PD day. I can finally give everyone time to complete the online ALICE training. You should have an email from Ed McAuliffe on October 17th with the login information. If you can't track it down try this URL: https://learn.
The Week Ahead:
- Sunday (3/12)
- Daylight Savings Time
- Tuesday (3/14)
- Peg Dawson in the middle school
- Evening presentation - All are welcome!
- Pi Day
- Wednesday (3/15)
- Staff meeting (am)
- 1/2 Day PD
- Thursday (3/16)
- Spring Pictures in the library
- Friday (3/17)
- St. Patrick's Day - a great day to wear green

No comments:
Post a Comment