Friday, May 31, 2024

5/31

Our 4th-grade friend who has missed much of the year fighting Leukemia is looking for a summer tutor. If this is something that interests you please let me know. 

Based on input from the staff, I'd love to add a new 8th-grade tradition this year. On Thursday, June 13th, we will "clap out" our 8th graders. Our graduating class will start by the gym and parade down the elementary wing and up the middle school wing before dismissal (2:45ish). Classes can line up outside their rooms and give them an ovation as they pass. I'll invite the 6th grade to join the MS wing in front of rooms 211 and 209. 

I'd like to plan on having a grade-level Step Up Day on the last day of school. I'd like each grade level to prepare something for approximately 20 mins that day to get to know the incoming grade students. We will plan for it from 11:30-11:50 with the idea that each grade can walk themselves to the next grade level. Reach out with any questions. 

Next Wednesday is our last staff meeting of the school year. Don't cry because they're over. Smile because they happened. Or cry because they happened. Whichever makes the most sense for you. I'd like to meet with the Middle School Advisors in Amy's room to discuss the schedule and advisory for next year. BethAnne will meet with the elementary to review next year's schedule details. 

The week ahead: 
  • Saturday (6/1) State Track Meet
  • Monday (6/3) Day A
  • Tuesday (6/4) Day B
    • Grade 6 Field Trip
  • Wednesday (6/5) Day C
    • Staff Meeting
  • Thursday (6/6) Day D
    • Celtics Day! Wear your green to support our team in the finals! 
    • STEAM Night
  • Friday (6/7) Day A
    • Family Movie Night
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Tuesday (6/11) Town Meeting
    • Grade 6 Egypt Museum
    • 4th grade Field Trip (this is the rescheduled date)
  • Wednesday (6/12) Last day for Kindergarten
  • Thursday (6/13) New Kindergarten Open House
    • 8th Grade Dance
  • Friday (6/14) 8th Grade Six Flags Trip (more info to follow) 
  • Monday (6/17) Grade 4 Celebration of Learning - students only
  • Tuesday (6/18) Last Day of School 11:55 Dismissal - Step Up Day


No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...