Friday, February 9, 2024

2/9

One more week people! 

A reminder that we have the Faculty Leadership Meeting scheduled for Thursday. Please feel free to share agenda items. 

I have started looking at next year's master schedule already. I know...right?!?! Anyway, I'm working with some directives from the district and will have to tweak a few things. If there is anything you'd like me to take into consideration, please let me know sooner rather than later. 

We are having another door decorating contest in conjunction with the Book Fair. This is open to all classes/advisories K-8. This time there is more on the line than just bragging rights and an aluminum covered trophy. The class with the winning door will get $50 to be used at the book fair. Judgeing will occur on 3/19 and will be based on creativity, student voice, and overall aesthetics. The theme will also tie into the MS play and will be the Enchanted Book Shop. Feel free to bring your classes favorite book to life! 

To help with the planning and supplies required for this endeavor, a note from Tracy:  

I'm excited that door decorating is making a return as a school wide event and I can't wait to see all the wonderful displays that your students will create!  In preparation for this, please plan ahead and, either individually or as a team, think about what you'll need for supplies and submit a request before we leave for February break.  I'll be sure to carve out some time to get everything to you as quickly as possible.  If you  discover that you need something else in the middle of your project, please don't raid the art room.  Resubmit another request or come talk to me.    Thanks!  

From BA's desk: 

Warrior of the Month:
The Warrior of Month spreadsheet can be found on the Bitmoji site. The submissions for Warrior of the Month will be due (on the spreadsheet) by 2/23.  On the Bitmoji site, you will also find our TPS Pledge.  When selecting your Warrior of the Month, try to keep some of your traits/values in mind. We are looking to celebrate those students who may not always get recognized on a day-to-day basis. Has someone been struggling to complete HW and has had a winning streak? Has the student who is working on outbursts in the classroom had a good week? Has your quiet/shy student been participating lately?  These are the little things we want to recognize in our Warrior.  As always, if you have any questions, come chat with me. Thanks to the PBIS Committee for bringing this idea to our TPS Community. 

Data:
I just wanted to take a moment to comment on the importance of data collection in the classroom.  I know we all wear many hats, that often our days are spread thin and our brains have too many tabs open.  I get that because I'm only a year and a half-ish out of the classroom myself.  Data collection is extremely important for our special education students - in that, we are tracking to see what growth/progress they have/have not made.  The special educators who cannot be in every classroom rely on you, the classroom teachers, and the paraprofessionals, to help them with this task. It's a true team effort and an expectation that we all share. If you need any assistance with collecting data, please talk with the case manager or I'd be happy to share how I made it work in my classroom. Thank you!

The Week Ahead: 
  • Monday (2/12) Day A
  • Tuesday (2/13) Day B
  • Wednesday (2/14) Day C
    • Valentine's Day
  • Thursday (2/15) Day D
    • Faculty Leadership Meeting
  • Friday (2/16) Day A 
    • TPS Pride Day! Wear your TPS gear or Red and Black
    • PTA mini-grants opens
  • February Vacation!


No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...