Friday, September 8, 2023

9/8

I meant to get this on the calendar this summer but we have Curriculum night scheduled for 9/28. Last year we followed the following schedule and I did not hear any complaints so it felt like it worked:  
  • K/3 - 5:00-6:00
  • 1st/2nd/6th - 5:30-6:30
  • 4th/5th - 6:00-7:00
  • 7th/8th - 6:30-7:30
  • Specials/Special Education 5:45-6:45
Next Thursday is the Faculty Council. All are welcome to attend. I'd like to have a discussion around the format of Curriculum Night (do we stick with presentations or adopt an Open House format?) and next month's potential Halloween parade. 

Speaking of calendars, the PTA fun run is scheduled for 9/22. The fundraiser kickoff is next Wednesday. 

The Princeton Cultural Council (PCC) announces that the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC) will open its grant application process on September 1, 2023. You must apply online by October 17, 2023.

Don't forget about our assessment calendar. Once we're done with STAR I would like to schedule a time to come in and meet with grade-level teams to talk about students scores. Let me know the day that works best. I would like to try and stay away from Thursdays. 

The district has asked me to remind everyone about the policy for School Celebrations and Observances 
This may tag into the handbook wording if students miss assignments and need to make them up:

"Students who have been absent or who are doing poorly in a subject must assume the responsibility for making up work and/or asking for extra help. If a student is absent for a period of time, they will be given an adequate amount of time to make up the work missed (the number of days missed will equal the number of days allowed to do make-up work). If your child is absent for one or two days, please have them contact a classmate to find out the missing assignments or if the teacher uses a website please check that.​ Parents may request and pick up homework from the office on the third consecutive day of absence. Assignments will be available for pick up at the office upon request."


Reminder from Joan: Please don't put students' names or even initials in emails internally. The exception here is if it is a black-and-white communication, i.e. Johnny's IEP has been signed.


We have a staff meeting scheduled for next Wednesday. We will split up into two groups. MS and Specials teachers will meet with me in Amy's room to discuss the successes and challenges of Advisory. Elementary staff will meet in the library with BethAnne to begin the process of collecting their thoughts for the strategic plan. If you have been in the strategic planning process already and don't have an advisory, please see me before then and we can decide the best way to use this time for you. 

I've checked in on our PBIS data and either the kids are really well-behaved to start the school year...or I didn't share the link to the updated PBIS form. It can also be found in the Bitmoji classroom. 

The central office reached out today to let Principals know that teachers should not have personal air conditioners (obviously) or personal refrigerators without going through district facilities first. The ACs are not an issue but I did notice some personal refrigerators finding their way in this summer. These should return home. Sorry. 

A Note From BethAnne:
Are you interested in being on the PBIS Committee?  If so, send me an email! Our first meeting will be 9//19!

The Week Ahead: 
  • Monday (9/11) 
    • Day D
  • Tuesday (9/12) 
    • Day A
  • Wednesday (9/13) 
    • Day B
    • Boosterthon Kickoff
    • Cross Country Meet
    • Staff Meeting
  • Thursday (9/14) 
    • Day C
    • Faculty Council 
  • Friday (9/15) 
    • Day D 






No comments:

Post a Comment

7/31/26

🌞I hope you are enjoying every second of your summer!  I was planning to wait at least another week before I bothered you, but I know some ...