I wanted to reinterate Nurse Karina's reminder to call down to the nurse before sending kids down. We're getting into cold/flu/stomach bug season and we want to make sure we're prepared for who is coming down.
Please remember that adults coming into the building must have an updated CORI on file. You will want to plan ahead as this can take some time in a district this large. Central Office also requires original hard copies not scanned copies of licenses or applications.
If you signed up for the Holiday store please make sure your families know which day their child will be going. The store will be in Room 112 this year. We are asking kids to come into the room by the 300 wing door to keep foot traffic traveling in an orderly way.
You may have noticed some postings for tutors recently. The title 1 schools in the district are able to offer before and after school supports for struggling readers when we return from the break. We are not a title 1 school. However, on Wednesday, I learned we were awarded money through the ESSR grant to complete a similar program here. I originally applied with 3rd grade in mind but was awarded enough to expand offerings to 1st and 2nd. The posting is here. If you are interested or have any questions please reach out to BethAnne.
The MassDOT is sponsoring its first ever "Name a Plow" contest for students in K-8 and I thought it sounded fun. I always submit names that never win like "Plowy McPlowFace" but I know our kids are super creative. Winners will be chosen in two grade brackets (K-4) and (5-8). If you want to submit a name as a class you can do so here. I'm told preference will be given to names that reflect MA's unique character (now I'm thinking Wicked Plowy McPlowFace). The portal will close on Friday 12/23.
A Note from BethAnne
I had the time to talk with some folks at central office and some other building administrators this week about requiring students to make up work they are missing when they are pulled from your class for testing/evaluations. Ace and I are adopting this common practice from throughout the district, particularly in the middle school grades. If a student is pulled from your class by a special ed teacher, speech/language pathologist, OT/PT or school psychologist for testing, we will be exempting the student from any assignment (not tests or quizzes) that they missed. If the instruction was a key concept that will not be reviewed the next day, we will ask the special educator or tutorial staff to reteach the material during tutorial class so that the student will be current in the concepts that were missed. If a student misses your class, it will be your responsibility to exempt them on Powerschool and to inform the special educator of the instruction (not the assignment) that they missed and require. See me with any concerns/questions.
Look Ahead:
- Monday (12/12)
- PTA Holiday Shop
- Faculty Council
- Library Meeting (6:00)
- Tuesday (12/13)
- PTA Holiday Shop
- 8th Grade Dance Committee Meeting
- Thursday (12/15)
- Monty Tech VIP
- Friday (12/16)
- Safety Committee
- Middle School Dance

No comments:
Post a Comment