Thank you everyone for supporting the PTA and for your part in the fundraiser. I think the kids had a blast! I know I did. Not to mention all the money raised.
As people have started completing their TeachPoints I've had a few questions come up that I figured many others may have. If you are in the middle of a 2 year goal, you may continue with the same goals or change here. As long as the goals make sense for you and your students, BethAnne and I will be flexible.
I wanted to thank everyone who volunteered for Faculty Council. We'll have our first meeting next week. So you are aware, the reps for this committee are Emily, Julie, Meaghan, Michaela, Jennifer, Kerry, Maureen and Carrie.
As I've started getting used to the routine and rituals at TPS, I've noticed that students are arriving in the front for dismissal earlier and earlier. Dismissal technically starts at 2:55. Please hold off on bringing students down until that time.
I know Heather's email must have been as big a blow to everyone else as it was to me. In a short period of time, I have really enjoyed working with her and know she has been a tremendous support for the school. This move represents a great opportunity for her and her family. I know you will all join me in wishing her the very best of luck! The position has been posted and we have plans to have substitute coverage if necessary and we have some promising candidates.
Our Library volunteer core is hard at work and the room is looking more and more like a library. They are trying to form a vision for the library's use and, while I have some ideas myself, we agreed your input was invaluable moving forward. Please take a few seconds to give them some feedback on how you see yourself and your class using this space.
BethAnne and I will be fulfilling our Ice Cream Sundae promise next Friday before recesses at 10:30. We will invite everyone out to the playground and each grade will have their own toppings. We'll line everyone up into two lines (one for each of us) and move through the sundae making grade by grade. I'm anticipating the whole thing will be done in time for kindergarten lunch. Specialists, if you have students at this time please bring them out.
Curriculum night question: The schedule is based on the one that was followed PC (pre Covid). My understanding is that everyone would have two 30 minute presentations to allow for parents to swap between rooms if necessary.
From Bethanne:
Thank you to those who volunteered for the PBIS committee! We are still in the "scheduling" phase, but I have hopes to get started ASAP! Those on teh committee include Megg, Danielle, Briana, Lisa, Michaela, and Kerry.
Just a reminder. If you cat with me about a student concern (about behavior or an incident), please make sure you are following up with a PBIS tracker. Some days are busier than others and all I can do is make a mental note. It's important that we are recording whatever it is!
Photos... If I come in your room an dsee something amazing, I may want to snap a pic or two to tweet out of have Ace include it in the blog. If you woul drather not be in a photo or have photos taken of your lessons/classroom please shoot me an email.
Looking ahead:
- Monday (9/19)
- Faculty Council
- Library Volunteer Meeting
- Tuesday (9/20)
- Bus Evacuation Drills
- Thursday (9/22)
- Student Council Speeches
- Friday (9/23)
- Pajama Day! (Thank you PTA and donors!)

.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment